Our experience at Letchworth State Park convinced me that getting a portable air compressor before we hit the full time road is a good idea. But which one to get?
Airforums is your friend when it comes to Airstream research and sometimes SOB (Some Other Brand) research. I ended up buying the Viair 400P-RV for several reasons.
- The maximum 150 psi is plenty for the 80 psi I need for the Goodyear Endurance tires on Shiny.
- The 2.3CFM Free Flow rating will add air to the tires quickly.
- Can be used to blow out the air from the water lines when winterizing.
- Comes with an additional hose to reach the trailer tires.
- Automatic shut off so it only runs when you add air pressure.
At the time I purchased the unit a Google search lead to a dozen comparisons to other compressor kits and the Viair 400p-RV was at the top of the list on all of them.
It has come in handy as we’ve used it twice so far on our trip south.
Previous Gadget Expenses $3271.00 Viar 244.00 Total Gadget Expenses $3515.00